[lbo-talk] contingent valuation and undercounting the cost of the surge

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sat Apr 14 09:54:11 PDT 2007

I'm all for using that number against them, but I want to use other numbers against them as well...that would surely be an undercount of the true cost, unless we believe that soldiers would voluntarily redeploy for an additional 3 months, and no coercive extension would be necessary, were they paid the difference between their military pay and their outside opportunity. Which seems rather unlikely.

Bob