[lbo-talk] 300,000 rally against Turkish government

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 13:07:33 PDT 2007

Well, are most people in Turkey actually against "actively repressing Turkey's Kurdish minority and threatening to invade northern Iraq to extend the campaign"?

Why don't we just look at some polls of Turkish opinion instead of drawing sketchy inferences?

--- Lenin's Tomb <leninstombblog at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I think that's outlandish nonsense. The Islamists
> in Turkey aren't
> actually threatening anyone: the army are, however.
> At the moment,
> they are actively repressing Turkey's Kurdish
> minority and threatening
> to invade northern Iraq to extend the campaign. In
> concert with the
> EU and America, they have also launched a wave of
> recent kidnappings
> across Europe. Somehow I doubt that their main
> concern is the
> preservation of the Republic.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!