[lbo-talk] 300,000 rally against Turkish government

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 15 20:03:27 PDT 2007

Doug wrote:

Mike, Yoshie didn't say you didn't support military dictatorships - in fact she implied the opposite. She's the one who said that secular western leftists would prefer a military dictatorship, and assumed you probably fell into that category because we're all so simple and provincial. I said you almost certainly didn't support military dictatorships, and no leftist that I know did.

Yeah, I know, Doug. I'm trying to remain respectful.

The way I read political Islam is that the holy war it promotes is permanent, in other words, political Islam IS a military doctrine, wrapped in religion. It is an expantionist ideology who's advocates push for control the State and therefore the military. IMO, Bataille makes one of the best arguments about that aspect of this religion in the Volume One of THE ACCURSED SHARE.

On the question of the State, I think Marx had the most perceptive analysis : All States are class dictatorships of one sort or another. A proletarian democracy is the only kind of State I could support.

Simply, Mike B)

Download a free pdf copy of the "Industrial Worker": http://www.iww.org/PDF/IndustrialWorker/IWMarch07.pdf