[lbo-talk] Lysistrata's Twangy Remake - Not a Strike, but a Lockout

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Apr 16 06:23:38 PDT 2007

Lysistrata's Twangy Remake - Not a Strike, but a Lockout RN, April 16

The mistakes of the general public as they work to organize themselves politically are more fruitful than the clever plans of political strategists, a German antiwar activist once wrote. (After her parliamentary colleagues voted for a war budget, she said: "There are only two men left in our party - me and Clara Zetkin.")

Rep. Rahm Emanuel is telling Democratic party leaders to "continue to ratchet up the pressure on Bush" on Iraq. Sen. Majority Leader Reid is co-sponsoring a bill that "would cut off funding for the Iraq war within a year and set a hard deadline for withdrawing troops," a move that "will give a bright green light to other members...making it harder to satisfy the party's base with anything less than a hard timeline for withdrawal," writes Lois Romano in the Washington Post.

But check out this video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cAChVVVZaM.

Talk about supporting the troops! Put this woman in charge of strategic communications immediately. (Warning: younger viewers will find this particularly enchanting. There's no nudity or profanity - nothing you couldn't broadcast on the public airwaves in 2007 - but Anthony Comstock would not have approved.) ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/lysistratas-twangy-remak_b_45957.html