[lbo-talk] Moscow Protests

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 12:25:36 PDT 2007

Good on you James! I covered two of the demos in Moscow with a television crew. A small group of 'refusniks' working with nut-case Kasparov turned the day into a media event - and it happened. The western media sucked it up. A few dozen people hoped for media attention and media worked with them.

Of course the Russian riot police had a field day. These guys are all to concerned with a "soft touch." When confronted, they put their skills to work! But riot police are riot police.....

Most Russians I saw that day enjoyed shopping......

James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: A new Russian revolution? Get real James Heartfield

Another Russia, the anti-Putin campaign group, commands the front pages of the Western press. But it hasn't impressed the Russian people. http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/3090/