[lbo-talk] Police brutality

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Apr 16 12:28:15 PDT 2007

Doug:

I can't imagine anyone objecting to cops shooting a guy who'd killed 21 people and would probably have killed some more. Could you actually name someone who might?

[WS:] I do not know most people on this list personally, so it is hard to tell, but judging from the internet vitriol I can think of a few - Carrol Cox, Louis Proyect (ok, he is an ex member,) Travis Fast, Yoshie Furuhashi, "Bitch," maybe Dennis Claxton. Or to be more precise, I think these people would NOT object to it if it were happening in some distant foreign land of which they have no priors, but they would object to it in this country because of their ideological perspective on social relations and causes of criminal behavior.

Again, this is just my impression based on the tone of their posting. I have no way of knowing how indicative that is.

Wojtek