[lbo-talk] Anti-globalists Reach Out to Islamists

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 16 13:00:19 PDT 2007

> ... but he is committed to democracy enough to say
people will learn through their own experience, so "let the people decide," even if the result is Islamists in power.

I am all for letting people decide. But I can also critique the decisions that people arrive at and choose not to ally myself with them if I disagree with their decisions. That the process is democratic does not demand that I automatically endorse the outcome of it.

The people of the state of Ohio may democratically vote to limit marriage to a rite between one man an one women, but that does not mean I have to agree with their action and refrain from criticizing it.

Brian