[lbo-talk] IWW piece on Iranian labor situation

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 06:25:03 PDT 2007

> "If this element of solidarity is ignored, it leaves
wide open the chances for right-leaning imperialists to co-opt any seemingly progressive movement in that country. It is also important that the Western Left keep up its opposition to any neo-conservative plans to attack or bomb Iran."

> Very funny. If anything, US workers need to learn a
thing or two from
> Iranian, Egyptian, and other feistier workers, not
the other way
> around. The latter are better at strikes, demos,
and so on than the
> former.

Not sure why it's "very funny" since all the piece did was say US workers should be opposed to an ivasion of Iran, not that US workers were "better" than Iranian ones in anyway whatsoever. I don't see anything wrong with that (afaik, you even agree with this yourself!)

But whatever, Yoshie.

-B.