[lbo-talk] the virginina university massacre

tfast tfast at yorku.ca
Tue Apr 17 15:34:43 PDT 2007

Well some students did barricade themselves in, even in the face of gun fire. My only point was that *fear* works in both directions. So unless I was scared fearless; ie., gun to my head or within visual proximity I probably would have frozen or simply gone looking for cover. In absence of live fire training which conditions one for that kind of environment it is extremely hard to keep ones wits about themselves. And apparently even those with good arms, armour, and training also freeze up. ____________________________________ Travis W Fast