[lbo-talk] the virginina university massacre

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Apr 17 16:50:36 PDT 2007

J. Tyler writes:

> Protecting one's self or others from conduct constituting a
> crime is pretty plainly taking law enforcement into one's own hands.

Don't give up your day job for a shift at the legal clinic, okay? Or, I guess, at the logic clinic. Using lethal force in defense of your LIFE has absolutely nothing to do enforcing a law. It is about staying alive, plain and simple.

> The term "vigilante" has no legal significance ...

And yet "self defense" does. Game, set, match?

> Literally, we're all criminals, since all of us have engaged in
> conduct
> constituting a crime.

What are you, 13?

---

Someone reminded me offlist about what firearms training is like for cops.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pj4yUpR1PB0

/jorda