[lbo-talk] the virginina university massacre

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 18:41:02 PDT 2007

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> [WS:] What I find surprising is that nobody there

> tried to subdue the perp. VA has the concealed

> weapon laws - so it is likely someone in a large

> crowd could have concealed weapon and use it to

> incapacitate the perp. OTOH, many establishments

> in VA prohibit concealed weapons on their

> premises - and the university was likely to be

> one of them. But even without concealed fire

> arms - it is still surprising that nobody tried

> to subdue the perp.

Oh bullshit. For crying out loud. As distasteful as it may be to do so, think about it as though you yourself were the psycho gunman. If you set your mind to it, you could shoot loads of people in a location like that without ever giving anybody a decent chance to jump you. If I had a couple of guns and a lot of clips like this dirtbag did, and if I were completely nuts, I know I could, though I'm no good as a marksman at all. But you don't have to be any good at all to hit a person at a range of six feet.

Easy. Just bust into a classroom and surprise everyone, walk right up to the closest few people you see with your gun out and bangity bang bang bang bang (just like teevee!!), then run like Hell to another room and do it again, and again, and again. By the time people in any one room can even figure out what's going on you're on your way to the next room. When you run out of rooms with open doors and/or you're at your last clip, shoot yourself.

If for some fucked-up reason you really, really wanted to kill a shit load of people in a school building, about how many of them do you think you could take out using this dirt-simple technique?

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net