[lbo-talk] virginia stuff...

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Apr 18 21:29:01 PDT 2007

Just a quick note on the U of V shootings. The real issue isn't guns or security. The real issue is the complete breakdown of the social safety net in public mental health. There is little on referral system, no public awareness, and no support for those seeking help on their own.

Also it takes a great deal of courage to take a roomate down to the mental health unit and get him to put himself into the nut house. I did this once in Iowa where they have big hospital/health system. Me and another roomate finally took our friend over to get him in, after a couple of weeks of very bizarre behavior.

Most people under the same context might, just move out...

CG