[lbo-talk] The Rule In Schmuck (Was Re: the virginina universitymassacre)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 18:45:52 PDT 2007

>Charles wrote:
>

>>What is the thrill, the "bang", in target practice ?
>>Isn't it imagining that one is really shooting somebody ?

It's really hard to explain; you should give it a try. An hour at the range is like two valium. Amazing calm descends.

Two reasons I think: it takes a lot of concentration/relaxation to shoot really well. If you can maintain that for a while it has a calming effect. Second, it's a really big, big satisying bang. A BIG LOUD noise, a fair amount of recoil -- you can let a lot of anger out like that.

I used to be a really great shot. Every once in a while, I think about going to the range for practice, just for the calming effect. But I dont' know where the effing range is and I'd have to buy a gun, get ear muffs, etc.

Joanna