[lbo-talk] Finally, a good use for my effigy of a gerble

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:04:47 PDT 2007

>From: Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com>
>
>Protesters burn effigies after Gere kisses Shilpa
> 12:43PM Tuesday April 17, 2007
>By Prithwish Ganguly
>
>NEW DELHI - Richard Gere's repeated kisses on the
>cheeks of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty in an event
>to promote AIDS awareness sparked protests in India
>with demonstrators burning effigies of the actors.

Lucky, lucky Gere -- Shetty is drop-dead gorgeous. BTW, a year ago a Madurai court issued a warrant against Shetty for "posing in an obscene manner" in photographs published by a Tamil newspaper in which the actress <gasp> exposed her navel! Shetty's rejoinder: "As far as my photographs go, what is obscene about it? If navel-showing is obscenity, then our traditional Indian outfit - the traditional sari - should be banned in the first place."

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilpa_Shetty>

As the man said, East is East, and West is West :)

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by Experian. http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE