[lbo-talk] IWW piece on Iranian labor situation

tfast tfast at yorku.ca
Thu Apr 19 12:23:50 PDT 2007

> Doss wrote:
> I think Woj is just expressing himself
> poorly/hyperbolically, and is simply saying that the
> relevant countries are better off today than if they
> had never been colonized, which may or may not be true
> and is impossible to verify.

I feel the same way about Poland but I keep it to myself because such feelings can't be justified one way or the other. But I actually expect Poland would probably be better-off had it not been colonized by the French, Germans and then Russians. There is something about continuity of institutions that provides for stability even if they are slightly or quite despotic.

Travis.