[lbo-talk] IWW piece on Iranian labor situation

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 13:04:24 PDT 2007

Chris:

I think Woj is just expressing himself poorly/hyperbolically, and is simply saying that the relevant countries are better off today than if they had never been colonized, which may or may not be true and is impossible to verify.

Perhaps you're right.

On the other hand, this might be a um, abundantly charitable explanation.

In any event, the whole thing has put me in a 'whatever' mood and since Woj was kind enough to quote Python in lieu of an argument I'll return the pop culture favor by excerpting DJ Ferry Corsten's "Whatever":

Sen-ti-mental creeps and cops Congressmen and debutantes Wander up and down, the avenue

They don’t know the world’s a bore Everything’s been done before And I’m so tired that change, is overdue

And it’s blah, blah, blah on the radio Blah, blah, blah, remote control Blah, blah, blah on the tv too Blah, blah, blah means nothing new Blah, blah, blah for me and blah for you Blah, blah, blah

[...]

Get off your asses and dance fools!

<http://monroelab.net/audio/whatever.mp3>

.d.