[lbo-talk] the noble savages of the left: country folk.

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sat Apr 21 10:22:53 PDT 2007

On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:13 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I really don't know what the contribution of community organizing has
> been. In NYC, it looks like not much, but maybe I just don't know
> where to look. One of the reasons I wanted to write that activistism
> piece is because I'd been thinking for years about the barrenness of
> the Alinsky approach.

Contrarily, in Little Rock, where the public schools are under attack by the Walton family and the reprehensible publisher of the Arkansas Demagogue-Gazette, ACORN is one of the bulwarks of their defense. I won't say it's perfect, but it's better than nothing. They even show some signs of getting on the offensive rather than reacting.

All the best,

John A