[lbo-talk] Rethinking Liberalism

Jason lists at moduszine.com
Sat Apr 21 10:21:10 PDT 2007

On 2007-04-21 03:12:05 +0100 Jim Straub <rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com> wrote:

> 5. No more puppets.

I don't feel like commenting on the rest but, yes, stop that nonsense. It's so infantalised. A few years back every anarchist/dog-on-a-string and SWP-led protest in Ireland was led by bloody samba bands and (state funded) circus troupes. Having grown up in Belfast during the 1980s the difference between this form of play protest and real protest couldn't be clearer to me. Yawn.

Protest as entertainment - give me a break. It reminds me of Stewar Home's criticism of 'anarchists' - foul-smelling super-liberals more like - who carve out little 'oppostional' niches for themselves that don't actually challenge anything. Canrnivals against capitalism indeed.

Jason.