[lbo-talk] Hitch's new pals: Manhattan Institute and Frontpage- and Kipling

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sat Apr 21 10:40:30 PDT 2007

On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:30 PM, joanna wrote:

> IT WAS a pity that Mr. Eliot should be so much on the defensive in the
> long essay with which he prefaces this selection of Kipling's poetry,

A surprisingly good essay and a surprisingly good book.

Last week at church, one of the attendees read "The Elephant's Child" and we were all greatly amused. It _is_ a funny story.

Kipling's _Epitaphs on the War_ are not be be sneezed at, either. They ain't Owen, but they're not chopped liver, either.

All the best,

John A