[lbo-talk] gender pay gap emerges early

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 05:30:49 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood cites:

> Gender pay gap emerges early, study finds
> By Ellen Wulfhorst Mon Apr 23, 12:21 AM ET

About a year ago, I looked carefully at the 2000 PUMS (census) data for a bunch of northeastern states. And my impression was that the gender gap results mainly from "interactions" (if you allow me a technical term here) between gender and marital status/parenthood/age (marriage, late 20s-early 30s, 1st-to-2nd-child-transition are triggers). And it's largely a white-women "problem." Black and Hispanic women simply can't afford the gap.