[lbo-talk] France

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Mon Apr 23 17:17:12 PDT 2007

On 24 avr. 07, at 05:43, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Doug:
>

> So what's to make of the French election results?
>
> [WS:] Working class nativism and populism (the 'Polish plumber'
> factors)
> seem to be the force that gave Francois Bayrou significant
> following. Now
> that Bayrou is out, this populism will deliver victory to Sarkozy
> in the
> run-offs.

That seems very likely. The figures don't add-up on the left, even if one considers that a big part of the Bayrou vote is a center-left vote. Even if people who voted Sarkozy think the vote is over and will abstain on the second round, it looks like we've got to get ready for a Sarkozy presidency... I hope I'm wrong though.

Jean-Christophe