[lbo-talk] French election PS

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Mon Apr 23 17:22:32 PDT 2007

On 24 avr. 07, at 05:16, Doug Henwood wrote:

> By the way, I see that Jose Bove got 1.4% of the vote, considerably
> less than the Trots. Why so low? Does that McDonald's-smashing
> politics really have that little appeal, even in France?

I think it is more because he has no party supporting him _and_ because 2002 is still fresh in everybody's mind: people on the left voted massively for Royal, people on the center left voted massively for Bayrou. Not much was left for smaller structures. People were more focused on chosing a president than on expressing a political opinion. The LCR got a lot of the youth protesting vote.

Jean-Christophe