[lbo-talk] Rethinking Alexander Cockburn

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 08:48:47 PDT 2007

To quote the whole paragraph:

"A better idea would be for appropriately screened teachers and maybe student monitors to carry weapons. A quarter of a century ago students doing military ROTC training regularly carried rifles around campus. US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia recently recalled regularly traveling on the New York subway system as a student with his rife. Perhaps there should be guns in wall cases, behind glass, at strategic points around campuses, like those fire axes, usually with menacing signs about improper use."

Which makes it appropriate to bring up my own crackpot idea for "gun control":

We should pass a constitutional amendment requiring all women to carry guns and making it illegal (punishable by 50 years in prison?) for any man to carry a gun. I think society would look a little different.

Jerry