[lbo-talk] Here she goes again

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 25 06:31:01 PDT 2007

Picked up on another list, reference to a "report," issued by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA) (which is headed by Lynne Cheney), entitled "The Vanishing Shakespeare" and condemns English departments around the country for abandoning traditional authors such as Shakespeare and teaching courses in popular culture and theory. It urges alumni, students and parents to demand change at their various universities.

http://www.goacta.org/publications/Reports/VanishingShakespeare.pdf

I haven't looked at it so I have no idea how many orders of magnitude iseparate it from reality. She has to do something I suppose to distract her from her husband's disaster in Iraq.

Carrol