[lbo-talk] Here she goes again

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 25 13:31:45 PDT 2007

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> We really have no idea about his political opinions or
> whether any voice in which the player speaks is his
> own. I know no reason to doubt the null hypothesis at
> WS had conventional political opinions.

This seems about right. I would add that he didn't go out of his way to disambiguate any of the responses which powerful drama, lacking a central voice, is always open to. Consider the hooded H5 on the eve of the battle of agincourt, and his reaction to the suggestion by one of the troops who suggests the King will be responsible for anyone who dies 'badly' (I suppose _not_ in the odor of sanctity) in the coming battle. What does the scene mean? Anything any viewer or reader wants it to mean.

Carrol