[lbo-talk] how the media came to sell the Iraq war

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 25 15:24:14 PDT 2007

"Wer Burgerblaetter liest wird blind und taub." (He who reads the bourgeois press becomes blind and deaf.) -- 1930 John Heartfield slogan from the KPD mag AIZ (Arbeiter-Illustrierte Zeitung workers' illustrated paper) in the Third Period. Here is a not-very-good reproduction:

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

http://byronik.com/diss08.html

Vorwaerts was the Social Democratic paper.

See, this is the way you know we have a free press. They print government lies and amplify them, vilifying critics. Noam Chomsky demolishes the lies in Z and on Z-net, no one pays any attention. We go to war. We fuck up. Years later, bodies piling up, much too late, some of them say, oops, sorry, we should have been more careful and skeptical. Voila! Their integrity is proven.

<http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?

> vnu_content_id=1003574260>
>
> 'Devastating' Moyers Probe of Press and Iraq Coming
> By Greg Mitchell
> NEW YORK (Commentary) The most powerful indictment
> of the news media
> for falling down in its duties in the run-up to the
> war in Iraq will
> appear next Wednesday, a 90-minute PBS broadcast
> called "Buying the
> War," which marks the return of "Bill Moyers
> Journal." E&P was sent a .....

Selling the commodity called news to eager already manipulated buyers in the marketplace of ideas. "We couldn't do otherwise--the profit loss, the profit loss!" After the manufacture of consent the war became consensual. Wer hat uns beraten? Die bourgeois democraten!

Regards, Mike B)

An injury to one is an injury to all http://www.iww.org/