[lbo-talk] We will conserve 17 to 21 million gallons in fuel annually ...

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Apr 25 22:02:24 PDT 2007

"We will conserve 17 to 21 million gallons in fuel annually for the B767-300ER fleet," said Bob Reding, American's Senior Vice President - Technical Operations. "Once we install winglets on all of our current Boeing 737, Boeing 757, and the B767-300 fleet, we will be saving over 42 million gallons of fuel per year."

Besides the compelling cost savings, this fuel burn improvement also results in a reduction of 423,000 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions annually. CO2 is believed to be a contributor to climate change.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,94760.shtml