[lbo-talk] From Cho's English Professor, Who Found His Writing "Disturbing"

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:00:37 PDT 2007

Perhaps those who have said the Cho should have been involuntarily committed to the mental health system will advocate the same for Giovanni?

The True Import Of Present Dialogue, Black vs. Negro (For Peppe, Who Will Ultimately Judge Our Efforts)

by Nikki Giovanni

N-word Can you kill Can you kill Can a n-word kill Can a n-word kill a honkie Can a n-word kill the Man Can you kill n-word Huh? n-word can you kill Do you know how to draw blood Can you poison Can you stab-a-Jew Can you kill huh? n-word Can you kill Can you run a protestant down with your '68 El Dorado (that's all they're good for anyway) Can you kill Can you piss on a blond head Can you cut it off Can you kill A n-word can die We ain't got to prove we can die We got to prove we can kill They sent us to kill Japan and Africa We policed europe Can you kill Can you kill a white man Can you kill the n-word in you Can you make your n-word mind die Can you kill your n-word mind And free your black hands to strangle Can you kill Can a n-word kill Can you shoot straight and Fire for good measure Can you splatter their brains in the street Can you kill them Can you lure them to bed to kill them We kill in Viet Nam for them We kill for UN & NATO & SEATO & US And everywhere for all alphabet but BLACK Can we learn to kill WHITE for BLACK Learn to kill n-words Learn to be Black men

http://www.aavw.org/special_features/pofidr_poetry_giovanni.html