[lbo-talk] Hijacking

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 09:29:53 PDT 2007

Take compost for example. I was mulling over this as I was turning over my compost pile this weekend.

Just as we have recycling bins today, we could have a compost bin and we could leave it at the curb every week for the compost truck to pick up. This would result in millions of metric tons of the best soil amendment there is at a very small cost. The alternative? More landfill.

This would not be an expensive program to run. It is simplicity itself.

1. collect organic matter. 2. mix with leaves/grass 3. let sit for 90 days. 4. dig into those millions of acres of farmland that are turning into gray dust as a result of petrochemical "fertilization"

Joanna