[lbo-talk] Wealth Distribution & Kinetic Theor

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 13:36:23 PDT 2007

According to this age old line of reasoning, might as well give up on rape, war, other types of violence, since they've "always existed," also.

Throw in the towel, it's futile!

-B.

Eubulides wrote:

> Well, look at the abstract again:
>
> Economists who yearn for the redistribution of
wealth in an ideal
> society are up against history. According to a
recent study, the
> uneven distribution of wealth in a society appears
to be a universal
> law that holds true for economies in many different
societies, from
> ancient Egypt to modern Japan and the U.S. This
distribution may
> reflect a simple natural law analogous to a
100-year-old theory
> describing the distribution of energy in a gas.
>

> ............So, take your own advice. If the above
isn't a poor attempt to cloak
> a deterministic approach to investigating
historico-economic processes, along
> with the implied claim that the invisible hand is
more powerful than