[lbo-talk] Rethinking Liberalism

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Apr 27 12:11:37 PDT 2007

Marvin Gandall wrote:

> Thanks to Iraq and the other follies
> of the Bush administration, they are angry and energetic, and have helped
> move US mass politics in a healthier direction than at time under the Bush
> administration.

I would strongly disagree with this. I fail to see how the energized and outraged liberals will have any impact on what radical leftists seek to achieve.

The outraged liberals are motivated to: a) promulgate conspiracy theories about 9/11; b) engage in reactionary politics against the Bush regime; c) engage in the politics of outraged smugness. As soon as a Demcocrat is elected president in 2008, these folks will shut up and go home.

Chuck