[lbo-talk] Children losing sleep over global warming

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 03:11:38 PDT 2007

Jenny Brown asks: "Isn't the question of whether climate chaos is happening separate from the question of whether it's human-caused? Are you maintaining that it's not human caused AND it's not happening?"

Climate is chaos, there is not much point losing sleep over it. Without industry and agriculture we would indeed be at the mercy of the elements.
>From the IPCC I see that since 1900 the average recorded surface temperature
has increased by about one degree celsius. http://www.ipcc.ch/present/graphics/2001syr/large/05.24.jpg

Fifty years from now people will wonder what all the fuss was about, just as we would if we were to reflect on some other panics of recent times, like the danger of a Soviet missile strike, black muggers, Greater Serbia, genetically modified food, international terrorism, new variant CJD, the heterosexual AIDS epidemic, Bird Flu, family breakdown, etc. etc.