[lbo-talk] Financial Times on climate change

Jason lists at moduszine.com
Sat Apr 28 10:18:55 PDT 2007

Today's Financial Times magazine is an environment special:

---- Editorial content

p.3 Editorial comment

p.7 First person "I eat out of garbage bins"

p.12 Mrs. Moneypenny Goes (pale) green

Cover story, p. 18 Village greened The well heeled residents of Ashton Hayes decided to wipe out their carbon footprint—and transformed their community as well. Rob Bnlackhurst asks what their pioneering experiment can teach the rest of us (Cover strap line: Can England's middle classes save the environment?)

p. 24 Planes, brains, automobiles Simple counting of food miles doesn't being to describe your dinner's impact on the environment. By Sarah Murray

p. 16 Lunch with the FT James Lovelock—Apocalypse soon

p.30 The world on the edge Our climate is changing—but what are the tipping points that will decide how much and how soon? By Fiona Harvey ---- ---- Advertising content

p.6 nPower business ad: "Reducing CO2 could save your business money"

p. 9 Advertisement for wind-power from General Electric

p.11 Aviva "Our strategy for the future is to make sure there is a future. We're committed to becoming the first insurer to go carbon neutral worldwide"

p.14 BASF—The chemical company: "water is one of the simplest, yet most precious, of all chemical substances" ----

Does John Lloyd still edit this?

Some of it may be readable online: http://www.ft.com/arts/magazine

(p. 54 also takes a pot shot at Le Corbusier and modernism.)

Jason.