[lbo-talk] Children losing sleep over global warming

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 17:08:26 PDT 2007

He can write really well and wrote some memorable essays. I read his "Corruptions of Empire" some twenty years ago and still remember some of the essays and some of the lines. ...

Great essay on what it takes to catch the attention of the media "Blood and Ink." Great essay on McNeil Lehr and how, just at the time that Americans decided there were NOT two sides to every story (Watergate), they came out with a format that insisted there were, and a pretty funny essay on gastroporn.

Rumor then has it he shacked up with a rich woman....and started writing more pixillated and self-indulgent stuff.

I think he still has his usual perch at The Nation, No?

Joanna