[lbo-talk] Children losing sleep over global warming

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 06:48:04 PDT 2007

What Doug said. His writing sparkled; he knew all sorts of wonderful things; he actually thought about them in interesting ways. Someone should go through those VV articles, including the ones he wrote with Jack Newfield, and the 1980s-90s Nation columns, especially the double-page ones he got to write before they cut his space, and edit a new anthology.

Hitchens was really great too, less interesting as a thinker, more wide-ranging, perhaps, in terms of his knowledge. His utter collapse has been a real tragedy. I would even care so much if he'd switched political sides of he hadn't traded in his brains and style at the door.