[lbo-talk] T-shirt and other slogans

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 11:07:55 PDT 2007

I have a series of T-Shirts and Slogans (bumper stickers) which I made and have displayed on my car, or person (in South Africa) over the years, and which I am too scared to display in the US.

Some Examples:

T-Shirt: "I've seen god, she's black and gay" I bought one which reads: "So many right wing evangelicals, so few lions"

Bumper Sticker: "FUCK WAR!"

the latter, was on my car during the last years of the apartheid regime, when I was appointed to the Parliamentary Press Gallery. My parking space was among Cabinet Ministers and Members of Parliament - they ALWAYS had a laugh. The driver(s)/Security of one of the former Speaker's of Parliament, a crusty Rightwinger (Afrikaner) once told me that their boss had seen my car in the basement of Parliament, and remarked: "That man does not like war." Once, I was invited to a private briefing at a military base - everyone had a laugh!.

I swear I would get fucked up in the US, if I displayed a bumber sticker that read FUCK WAR! - if only because of the word "Fuck"

Damn, they bleep shit out of most comedic stuff.

That's beside my old Azapo T-shirts ...

As the child of one of my best friends would say - WHATEVER!

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now. http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/