[lbo-talk] Sopranos

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Apr 30 18:17:42 PDT 2007

At 04:34 PM 4/30/2007, you wrote:
>Anyone watching the Sopranos? I saw a David Chase quote where he
>said mob stories are always about rise and inevitable fall and he
>didn't want the Sopranos to be that. But so far these new episodes
>are particularly grim I think. All the references to loss, mostly
>due to age and feeling disconnected with a changed world, it's
>feeling as dismal as something from post-WWII Europe.

We've been, after losing the thread last year. I dunno, I was finding things a little boring, the few times I caught it last year, but the one where Tony was in the hospital hooked me back in again. I haven't gotten the depressing vibe from it, maybe because I keep watching the plot line to figure out which one will spin off into a new series. :) (I don't read the gossip sheets so I don't know the lowdown on whether that's going to happen.)

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)