[lbo-talk] Criticism of Russian Church role

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 11:26:12 PDT 2007

There used to be some Krishnas regularly near Kuznetsky Most, about a block from Lubyanka. Isn't the Baptist population growing rapidly? Evangelicals too.

It simply amazes me that stuff like this gets written. "Here in Russia, the sky is green! I could look out the window to see if this statement is true or not, but I'm not going to because I'm too lazy of a journalist and I work for the BBC! No one will fact check me!" Astounding.

--- Peter Lavelle <untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com> wrote:

> And what about the Hare Krishnas who march down
> Stary Arbat every weekend? They number about 30-40
> and their follwers. I see them all the time as I
> entertain guests at the Hard Rock Cafe. They make a
> lot noice for a few minutes and the tourist love
> them. They march, people watch, and they move on.
> The police have zero interest in them. And American
> style holy-rollers and Bible thumpers (sadly) are
> all over the place. There is a lot of freedom of
> religion in Russia.......

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!

____________________________________________________________________________________ Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more. http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC