[lbo-talk] Marx and Justice

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 07:31:59 PDT 2007

So this is a debate that is still going on in Marxist circles even though the Allen Wood vs. Ziyad Husami documents I have on, it in book form, from the 1970s, are at least 30 years old? (And Husami seems to "win," if you ask me, in refuting Wood.)

That is depressing. It's kind of like poring over Old Testament documents for crossed t's and dotted i's.

I guess everyone has their hobby.

-B.

Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

"The well respected political philosopher Jonathan Wolff lays out Allen Wood's argument that Marx did not condemn capitalist as unjust. Of course Wood agrees that Marx criticized it on other grounds. See Wolff's thesis 23. And where the heck has the internationally recognized expert Andie been in this discussion? http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~uctyjow/Long%20Handout.htm"