[lbo-talk] New AIC Audio Podcast: "The Takeover of Gaza: What Next?"

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Thu Aug 2 08:38:59 PDT 2007

The Takeover of Gaza: What Next?

For the next few podcasts, we will bring to you highlights from the conference, The Bilbao Initiative: Another Future is Possible, held in Bethlehem on Friday, 27 July 2007.

Endorsed in 2003, by over 20 Palestinian and Israeli organizations, the Bilbao Declaration presents the minimum conditions under which a just and lasting peace can be formed, as well as providing a concrete foundation upon which Palestinian and Israeli activists can work together.

Over 100 Palestinian, Israeli and international social activists met at the conference, to jointly analyze the current political situation, endorse the Bilbao Declaration and form a steering committee to update this 2003 document for use in future joint advocacy.

In this show, we bring you the lecture of Dr. Majed Nassar, titled, “The Takeover of Gaza: What Next?” Dr. Nassar is Deputy Director of the Palestinian Health Works Committee (HWC) and a board member of the Alternative Information Center (AIC).

To listen to the podcast: http://www.alternativenews.org/podcasts/podcasts/news-from-within-podcast-the-takeover-of-gaza-what-next-20070802.html

To download the podcast file, right button click here and save. http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/NewsFromWithinPalestine/israel/~5/139962511/AIC.NfW.MajedNassar_August2_2007.mp3

To see the archived shows: http://www.alternativenews.org/podcasts/archive.html

For those who prefer iTunes: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=253955206