[lbo-talk] cruise "blog"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 3 08:10:58 PDT 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 7:11 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Emigrant laborers are the lucky
> ones, not the exploited ones - they leave voluntarily and quite
> eagerly to
> earn better wages than they would have at home.

Easy for you to say. You're not at sea for months on end, with infant children you've never seen, making our cruising lives comfortable. Yeah, I know it's not a bad deal for them, considering Indonesia's role in the global hierarchy, but the global hierarchy kind of sucks, don't you think?

And I did say there are a lot of contradictions in the whole Nation cruise thing.