[lbo-talk] Darfur: colonised by 'peacekeepers'

Russell Grinker grinker at mweb.co.za
Fri Aug 3 08:13:11 PDT 2007

Apart from the use of the term wingnut (and I might even be wrong here), Woj's scathing rejoinder sounds like the umpteenth rehash of critiques of so-called totalitarianism equating left and right wing 'extremes', which I think date back to some time in the early '30s and were then embellished by people like Karl Popper (The Open Society and Its Enemies, 1945) and Hannah Arendt (The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1957). This aside, I think the author is a Brit academic. Woj also doesn't say if he's personally in favour of UN military occupation of yet another African country.

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote: This sounds like it was written by some US wingnut UN-hater. It is ironic how opposites tend to meet: wingnut rightists and wingnut leftists more and more using same hyperboles.