[lbo-talk] cruise "blog"

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Aug 3 08:36:47 PDT 2007

On 3 Aug, 2007, at 10:11 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> What is wrong with that? Nobody would be bitching if these were,
> say, IT
> workers coming to Silicon Valley or Boston, but suddenly it becomes a
> problem when these are service workers on a cruise ship.

Not really: IT workers *can* bring their families to Silicon Valley or Boston. Even better, they can stay back where they came from and make a handsome multiple of survival wages. Nevertheless, there is (and has been) "activism" around the barriers erected by the USG for families of immigrants.

What is wrong with a guy making a "choice" to spend the entire first year of his child's life away from that child? I guess these sort of questions make sense only in the context of modern leftism and its snottiness regarding morality/humanism! ;-)

--ravi

(as always apologies for the use of quotes to those who find them scary)