[lbo-talk] Darfur: colonised by 'peacekeepers'

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 08:57:57 PDT 2007

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

"This sounds like it was written by some US wingnut UN-hater. It is ironic how opposites tend to meet: wingnut rightists and wingnut leftists more and more using same hyperboles."

I think the article gets it right, here. Humanitarian intervention, which is what this is about, was the favored imperialist pretext between the anti-communist era and the anti-Islamofascist one. It's evidently still useful, before a credible terrorist scenario can be worked up.

BobW