[lbo-talk] "Bad bosses get promoted, not punished: study"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 13:14:12 PDT 2007

Robert W.,

Yeah, you are exactly right. The BIG bosses want to be the ones who can defer the unpleasantness to others (like Human Resources -- nice name for a dept. when you think about it) so their shit can come out smelling like Chanel No. 5.

The only real solution to "bad bosses being rewarded" wasn't mentioned: FUCKING UNIONIZATION. And, of course, chasing the bastards (bosses) out of the workplaces once and for all. But even the tepid idea of forming even a 'business union' to keep a bad boss in check wasn't mentioned.

No, grunts should instead appeal to even *higher*-ups than the higher-ups that are the assholes, hoping the supremest of supreme deities will be nice dudes. God forbid that the workers taking bad bosses' crap forgo that route and work collectively on their own. That's off the agenda, as usual.

-B.

Robert Wrubel wrote:

"But that IS the problem -- the leaders above. In my own experience, the leader(s) above finds it difficult to be a total bastard all the time, and so delegates part of his job to subordinates. I've seen this so often, I dont even trust Ben and Jerry."