[lbo-talk] Karl Kautsky on Christianity

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sat Aug 4 03:27:34 PDT 2007

==================================== He was close to the Greek CP before the war, and then to Camus and the existentialists after it. The Last Temptation of Christ is a very good depiction of the internal struggle waged by revolutionaries - in this case, a religious figure - responding to a felt call to public duty and sacrifice and the desire for a more secure and normal private life. It's the same tension experienced on a more muted level by virtually all social beings who live in communities, especially when the pressure to act becomes acute in times of crisis.