[lbo-talk] AllHipHop.com interviews Bad Brains about

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Mon Aug 6 13:54:24 PDT 2007

The interesting thing about the chronological argument is a lot of bands that are categorized as 'post-punk' actually have their origins before punk. Cabaret Voltaire is a good example of that, but there is also Pere Ubu, Throbbing Gristle,etc. that fit that bill. The counter-argument might be that all these bands are strongly effected by the punk movement and change their sound because of it. There is also a side of post-punk that is strongly influenced by dance music, disco, funk and hip-hop. robert wood