[lbo-talk] AllHipHop.com interviews Bad Brains about

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:07:43 PDT 2007

> Ha. I like the spirit of this, but why? Memory is funny, but I don't
> remember all these distinctions at the time.

There's a similar parsing afoot with grunge. Lately I've been reading more and more about metal bands that found themselves labeled grunge for pretty arbitrary reasons, like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden in particular. It was a convenient label at the time, but wow was it more about marketing than anything musical. I knew things were going south when Candlebox were considered 'grunge.'

-- j t. ramsay music editor comcast interactive media 1500 market st., 18th floor west philadelphia, pa, 19102