[lbo-talk] LA Times 8/7/07: Behind enemy lines

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 22:06:11 PDT 2007

>What's crazy about this is that there isn't a dimes worth of difference
>between the two parties.
>
>This absurd belief that the Democrats and Republicans are any different
>is like something out of Gulliver's Travels.
>
>Chuck
>Kansas "red state" anarchist

People have been making good arguments today that there is a difference. Before I read those arguments I was ready to throw in the sponge. I'd decided if Hillary Clinton was the nominee I would not vote in a presidential election for the first time since I was 18. After reading today's thread I'm starting to change my mind. Not that I think voting democratic will bring about the substantive change necessary. I'm just far less convinced that not voting would mean anything.