[lbo-talk] Nader, et al

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 8 10:19:19 PDT 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Well I'll be damned -- and here for 40 years I've just sat at home and
> figured that the revolution was going to come tomorrow without any
> work.
> I never dreamed that it might take some work. We all owe Doug great
> thanks for his powerful grasp of the obvious which we would otherwise
> never see.

Carrol, you're contradicting a decade of your output again. For as long as I can remember you've been very fatalistic about when "revolution" would come. It'd come when history was ready and there wasn't much we could do about it. Now you're telling us that it takes lots of work. I'm really confused.

And as for your specific riposte here, I wasn't talking about "revolution" - I was talking about convincing people that there's not a dime's worth of difference between the two parties (a phrase that originate with George Wallace, right?). More people think there's a difference than at any time in the past 50 years.

Doug